Football is the most popular sport to bet on, and Football is arguably the most popular and most suited sport to bet via Asian Handicap Betting. In a football game this would mean one team would be given a certain number of goals head start relative to the other or vice versa. The handicap can be presented as goals or fractions of goals. There are two options to bet; either back the team with the positive handicap or the negative handicap.
There's a number of benefits of using Asian Handicap betting when placing bets on football matches:
- The big advantage is that Asian Handicap betting effectively takes out the draw.
- You can still win your bet backing the losing side!
- Offers better value betting opportunities in comparison to fixed odds traditional betting.
- Asian handicap markets are typically lower margin betting markets for the bookmakers - therefore good for punters!
- Asian Handicap Betting can be well suited to:
- Scenarios where you fancy an underdog to do better than expected.
- Where you fancy a strong favourite to do better than expected and beat a weaker side by a substantial goal tally.
Francois is one of Howtobet4free’s co-founders and has written many of Howtobet4free’s popular Betting Guides. Francois also helps run the @howtobet4free_ Twitter account